Facebook page is the strongest, yet inexpensive, online marketing strategy that your company should start working on.
Why Create a Facebook Page for Your Business
By using your personal or Facebook business account, you can create a Facebook page that could easily connect you to your target audience and promote your brand.
With over 1.94 million active Facebook users all over the world (according to Statista, 2017), Facebook is no doubt the most popular and the biggest social network on earth. Majority of the people you know surely have a Facebook account which is regularly accessed at anytime of the day.
If you have not set up your Facebook business page yet, you may follow this guide.
What exactly are the dos and don’ts that you must consider to make your FB page a success?
Facebook Page: DOs
- Use an image that best represents you (like your brand logo) for your profile picture, and a high-quality, attractive image for your cover photo.
- Create a unique voice (in line with the tone of your company website) added with some bits of personality and humor on your FB page.
- Highlight your Facebook presence by putting the Facebook icon and embedding your Facebook posts on your website.
- Answer quickly and publicly to any customer or potential customer who sends messages or posts comments, especially if it’s related to some complaints.
- Show that you care about your customers by communicating with them sincerely on your Facebook page.
- Emphasize company events and milestones, and make them more relatable by sharing fun photos and personal ideas.
- Invite people to like and/or share your FB page through contests or freebies.
- Make an editorial calendar to help you create good quality and consistent Facebook posts.
- Share content from other sources, especially those with valuable or relatable information even if they don’t directly relate to your products or services.
- Utilize videos to capture attention.
- Boost your posts to increase visibility on Facebook News Feed and even Instagram.
- Add an image to your post as it increases audience engagement 2.3 times more than those without.
- Use the Facebook Page Insights feature to find out how your Facebook page for business is performing in relation to reaching your audience, likes, shares and engagement.
Facebook Page: DON’Ts
- Leave your About section blank – tell them WHO you are, WHAT you do, and WHAT you believe in.
- Annoy people with posts that persistently promote your products or services.
- Overuse your sales pitch.
- Go crazy with hashtags – a maximum of two is considered fine, while some studies show that FB posts without hashtags have even higher engagement, anyway it largely depends on your target audience.
- Discuss too much details when dealing with a complaint publicly – encourage your customer to email you directly or bring the conversation private using Facebook chat.
- Set your goals to the number of likes you get on your Facebook page – after all, likes are not as significant as shares
- Fear to experiment with how often and when you post – although it depends on your target audience, but research suggest that the best times to post would be 1 to 4 p.m. on weekdays, and 1 to 2 p.m. on weekends, with at least one post a day.
There’s no harm in following these DOs and DON’Ts for your business Facebook page. At least you can rest assured that you’re doing your page correctly, and you’re closer to reaping the rewards this social media marketing strategy could offer you.
Understand better how your brand can succeed with social media marketing.
Go ahead, create a Facebook page now!