Your About Page is one of the most critical, and most frequently visited, pages of your website.
This is where you can take the opportunity to introduce yourself or your company properly to your site visitors. But, creating lousy and insincere about page content might actually do you more harm than good.
Remember that your website is supposed to be a collection of useful information about you, your products or services, your team, and your company that will help promote your business and reach your target market. What you need to do is simply put the right content that will make your collection of useful information stand out from the rest.
So why is your About Us Page important, and how can you exactly create the best About Us page for your website?
- Know your audience and figure out what kind of information do they want or need to know about you. They are most likely going to ask these questions:
- Are you a big or small company?
- How long have you been in the business?
- Where are you based?
- What industry are you in?
- What kind of products or services do you offer?
- What makes your company special?
- Why should I buy from you?
- Tell a story where you can focus on the highlights and the interesting details of your company’s history. Consider these:
- How did your business come to be?
- What’s the story behind your name?
- What challenges did you overcome to reach this far?
- How has your company changed through the years?
Learn more about how Marq Web Designs got started in this industry.
- Be personal as you go for the first person “I” or “We” in writing your About Us page, and try to write in plain language to avoid sounding stiff and insincere.
- Be honest and make sure that your about page content reflects what and who you really are.
- Use facts that could best support your credibility and experience in the industry. For example:
- Awards won in the industry
- Membership in key industry organizations
- Industry certifications
- Excellent customer retention rate
- Impart your values to your audience by explaining what you do, what you care about, what standards you adhere to, and what values influence the conduct of your business.
- Inspire trust not just by showing off your long list of credentials, but by assuring your potential customers through the right message strategy on your about us content.
- Make your About Us page interesting so as not to bore your readers. Consider talking to a close friend and being very excited to share your piece of good news. You may use:
Always take note that your About Us page should talk about you, but more than that, it must convey the message that you are a company that can be trusted, and your customers shouldn’t feel afraid to do business with you.
If you have already drafted your about us content but don’t know how it can be made more interesting, outsource online writers who can improve your content.
To ensure that your About Us page is properly designed, a website developer can surely help you out. Shoot us an email and let’s figure out how we can help you out.